Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Tues Aug 5 - Heading Out

Today I packed up my clothes as well as Cody's and headed out. Were heading for Kim's house and my long lost daughter. 7.5 hrs drive with no stops, as if thats possible with kids.

For lunch Cody gets exactly what he's always wanted. Not wanting to waste any time, I put on him one of those bibs with the large pockets and shove them full of french fries. I don't hear a peep out of him for an hour as he happily basks in all the golden fried heaven a 2yr old could ask for.

Kim's planning to take her 2 older kids to the Jonus Brothers concert on Wed nite, and will be gone 1/2 of Wed & Thurs, so I decide at the last minute to pick up Ravyn and Kim's youngest, Greyson, and head to Grandmama's house instead. Grandmama & Papa live about 1.5 hrs closer, near Richmond.

We meet Kim and the gaggle of kids at Cracker Barrel where we have a nice dinner. Kim is willful & naughty and forces us all to order ice cream. Cody has found the new love of his life and enjoys his first hot cocoa.

Ravyn, Cody, Greyson and I head to Grandmama's for a nice little visit.

No comments: